Pages

WELCOME! Check out the latest in arts and entertainment---right here.
If it's hip and happening in Central Kansas, you'll see it here first.


Sunday, May 20, 2012

Gary Morris

GARY MORRIS
@ The McPherson Opera House
McPherson, KS
© Lydia Lowe 5/18/2012

GARY MORRIS . . .Sometimes in life you come across someone who however unassuming, opens their mouth to sing and this pure, on-key, in-tune music comes out with what appears to be absolutely no effort.  When you come across someone like this, you suddenly realize what true talent is really all about.  Don't know who Gary Morris is?  Do you remember his hit: ""Wind Beneath My Wings"?

I attend a lot of music concerts and I've heard a lot of people sing.  Some are terrific and I'm hooked right away, and others aren't that great and I start looking at the clock.  But until I heard Gary sing, I had never heard anyone who had this kind of a God-given talent before.  He opens his mouth and hits every note of  whatever song he sings, every time.  It's almost like he can't sing a wrong note, off-key, or out-of-tune.  It's a winner every time.  I really don't know how to describe the range he has or his ability.  It defies description.  If you get a chance to see Gary in concert, you are in for a rare treat.  He sings so effortlessly.

Gary has a new CD coming out in November, or rather one song from the CD.  He is releasing the new CD one song at a time.  "If You Were Mine"  will be released in November and I can't wait.  What a great song.  I got chills when he was singing it and when I get chills when someone is singing, I know I'm in the midst of something special.  

But then into every musical performance a little out of the ordinary must fall of course, case in point the song he sang with the opening lyrics, "my toes need a clippin', my dog needs a dippin'". . .  Also, award winning, and if not, it was good for a laugh.  This from a vocalist who has also performed and sang in "La Boheme" and "Les Miserables" on Broadway.  An incredible range in a variety of musical styles and yet, it's good to know that he doesn't take himself to seriously.

Gary is taking a tour around the country and stopping at all of these little out of the way small local venues, like the McPherson Opera House, so if he comes to your town be sure and check him out.  You won't be sorry  Check out his website in the links section to learn more about Gary or simply refresh your memory about who Gary Morris is.

5 comments:

Kay Maletta said...

Wonderful review, Lydia. Gary Morris is indeed one incredible talent. I have followed him for many years and he just blows me away every time I hear his voice. It is his God given gift and thank God he shares it with us.

Anonymous said...

Gary is coming to Georgetown, TX on June 16th and since I've been a fan of his for more than 20 years, I am going to be there with bells on. I have invited so many of my friends and have to explain who he is. Thanks for this review and I will share with my friends.

Betty Anglin said...

Gary,you and the guitar is all that is needed. Your are the greatest. Love all your singing and music. Keep it up. God Bless.

Sheryl B said...

I've followed Gary's singing since the early 80's and even made the trip from Iowa to NY to see him in "Les Miserables", which was an undiscribable treat! He still remains my #1 artist. God blessed him with his talent and us who know him when he sings!

Jacquelynn Miller said...

Yes, Lydia you said it right he is all of the above!!! truly gifted and a great person too! He dose so many things to help others. I just keep praying for the Lord's blessings upon him. I heard him for the first time driving home from night class and turned on the radio and he was singing The Love She Found In Me and like you said Sometimes in life you come across someone who however unassuming, opens their mouth to sing and this pure, on-key, in-tune music comes out with what appears to be absolutely no effort. When you come across someone like this, you suddenly realize what true talent is really all about. And I melted in my set.. I have been a Fan of his ever since the 80's and always will Thank you for your words for Gary!!! Its always great to hear what some one say about him after the first time they hear him and also when you see their face..... ((totally in amazement))
Lord bless ya!