Pages

WELCOME! Check out the latest in arts and entertainment---right here.
If it's hip and happening in Central Kansas, you'll see it here first.


Friday, November 16, 2012

Merry Ex-Mas

Merry Ex-Mas
Sheila Roberts
© Lydia Lowe  11/13/2012

     I received an advance copy of this book in the mail and I'll have to say that after reading the dust jacket notes about what this book was about, I wasn't all that interested in reading it.  Women and their ex's during the holidays?   I read the book anyway, and I am so glad that I did.

     The book draws you into the town of Icicle Falls where we meet Cass Wilkes, owner of the Gingerbread Haus, who is an extraordinary baker.  There's Ella O'Brien, who owns Gilded Lily's which is a clothing store, and then there's Charlene (Charley) Albach, the owner of Zelda's, a fine dining establishment.  We also meet their ex's: Mason Wilkes, Jack O'Brien and Richard Albach.

     Set against the backdrop of Cass's daughter, Dani's upcoming wedding, and the beginning of the holiday season, all hearts converge on Icicle Falls.  I won't give away what happens, but the themes of understanding, reconciliation and betrayal all make an appearance.  But there is so much more.   You'll have to read the book to find out about the lives and loves of Icicle Falls.

     I enjoyed this book so very much.  I just wanted to move to Icicle Falls and hang out with the characters in the book.  The women in the book seemed like good friends that I was catching up with while I read the book.  This book was easy to read, moved along at a steady pace and kept my attention throughout.   Definitely a must read!

No comments: